One Year Blog-O-Versary
Today is my 1 Year Blogging Anniversary!
One Year Ago I:
- Wrote a post that started with “I have no idea if I’ll start writing here regularly.”
- Was a 2nd year Medical Student who had written 4 blog posts ever (and it took all of four entire years to get those travesties to blogging out).
- Had zero subscribers, less than 10 visitors and less than 100 followers on Twitter.
- Used Blogger to publish my posts, the blog looked like this.
- Was embarrassed to tell people I knew that I wrote here.
- Never imagined I’d be here writing this to y’all in 365 days.
- Wrote a post that started with “Today is my 1 Year Blogging Anniversary”
- Am a 3rd year Medical Student who has written just over 100 blog posts in the past year.
- Have around 250 subscribers and over 20,000 visits and am nearing 1,000 followers on Twitter.
- Use WordPress.org as my backend publishing and have my own URL.
- Am deeply humbled and flattered when people I know in real life say they enjoy my blog.
- Have no idea where I’ll be blog-wise in one year and am so excited to see.
Thank you so much or being such amazing supporters over the past 12 months. So many wonderful opportunities and friendships have come from this blog – a published post on KevinMD, a MomMD blog that you guys named for me, public support from the Texas Medical Associate Medical Student Section, opportunities to collaborate with some of the most influential doctors and medical students in social media, the chance to connect with medical students and doctors from around the world through the Medical Education Monday series, a brand new position as an iMedicalApps staff writer and so much more.
I never dreamed these types of opportunities would be available to me and I honestly only have y’all to thank. I’ve learned so much and had SO much fun. I truly think the investment I’ve made into Social Media is worth so much.
Alright, enough sappy, mushy goo for one day, since it’s my birthday we’re gonna talk gifts.
Will you humor me by answering 6 simple questions as my blogging birthday gift? Come onnn, I
never onlyoccasionally beg y’all for stuff…and it’s my blogging birfffdayyyy…and it would make me ohsohappy…and it won’t cost you a million bucks.
I mean, if you have a million bucks and you’d rather give me that I’d appreciate it as well, but while my bank processes your hot check, answer these questions…it’ll help me out in civil court and stuff.
- Who are you?
- Where are you from? (country, state, town, whatever is fine)
- Why do you read this and/or how’d you find Mind On Medicine?
- What would you like to see more or less of around here?
- Do you have a favorite post on Mind On Med? (it’s ok to say no or skip this one)
- Who’s your biggest inspiration or favorite blogger?
If you don’t want to post a comment, will you send me your answers on Twitter or by email to MindOn[email protected]? And yes, Mom – even you should answer them.