Life As Of Late
This year is flying by and I am definitely enjoying being a fourth year! It’s almost surreal that I’m over 75% finished with medical school and I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Watching our new MS1 class wander the halls in their tell-tale green Anatomy Lab scrubs makes me a bit nostalgic – it surely doesn’t feel like it’s been over 3 years since I was in their shoes!
So, what’s life been like the past few months? Let’s recap…it’s been a while since I wrote a personal post around here and we all know how I like to share my life with the internetz.
Real Life Stuff
- We took a couple miniature vacations/weekend trips this summer.
- My belly is growing at astronomical speed! As of today we are 21 weeks into this pregnancy, over half-way done – by Christmas we will be a family of 4 Humans + 3 Dogs.
- This past weekend we subtracted a guest room and added a nursery in our house…my Dad
helped me paintpainted and I posed with a roller brush.
Medical School Stuff
- Passed Step 2 Clinical Skills and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge. What does that mean? Basically, I don’t have to take any more exams as a medical student. NONE! As long as I pass my clerkships this year I will really, truly be an MD in May!
- Completed 4th year rotations in Geriatrics, Pediatric Genetics, Emergency Medicine and (almost) Endocrinology.
- Next week I start my Ob/Gyn Sub-Internship rotation. I am SO excited to see what I can learn!
- Residency applications are nearing completion. I will submit them on September 15. Fingers crossed for some interviews!!
- Stanford MedX Conference at the end of September!!
- Hopefully lots of residency interviews…stay tuned for the hilarity that will be maternity suits for interviews.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Leave a comment
Trackback URL Link:
I’m a Medical Student (that means I'm in school to become a doctor). My life story can be viewed here. I started this blog in hopes of landing a role in a Lifetime movie so I could quit school and move to Hollywood, so if you wouldn't take medical advice from Angelina Jolie, you shouldn't take it from me. I may not even be a real person. In fact I'm probably a spambot. Or a 15 yo boy blogging from a dingy basement. If you're really interested you can read more about me here. If you have any questions or want to guest post contact me.