Life As Of Late
This year is flying by and I am definitely enjoying being a fourth year! It’s almost surreal that I’m over 75% finished with medical school and I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Watching our new MS1 class wander the halls in their tell-tale green Anatomy Lab scrubs makes me a bit nostalgic – it surely doesn’t feel like it’s been over 3 years since I was in their shoes!
So, what’s life been like the past few months? Let’s recap…it’s been a while since I wrote a personal post around here and we all know how I like to share my life with the internetz.
Real Life Stuff
- We took a couple miniature vacations/weekend trips this summer.
- My belly is growing at astronomical speed! As of today we are 21 weeks into this pregnancy, over half-way done – by Christmas we will be a family of 4 Humans + 3 Dogs.
- This past weekend we subtracted a guest room and added a nursery in our house…my Dad
helped me paintpainted and I posed with a roller brush.
Medical School Stuff
- Passed Step 2 Clinical Skills and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge. What does that mean? Basically, I don’t have to take any more exams as a medical student. NONE! As long as I pass my clerkships this year I will really, truly be an MD in May!
- Completed 4th year rotations in Geriatrics, Pediatric Genetics, Emergency Medicine and (almost) Endocrinology.
- Next week I start my Ob/Gyn Sub-Internship rotation. I am SO excited to see what I can learn!
- Residency applications are nearing completion. I will submit them on September 15. Fingers crossed for some interviews!!
- Stanford MedX Conference at the end of September!!
- Hopefully lots of residency interviews…stay tuned for the hilarity that will be maternity suits for interviews.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Leave a comment
Trackback URL Link:
I’m an Ob/Gyn resident (that means I went to medical school to become a doctor) and now I'm working like a crazy person to learn my trade before I'm on my own in the wild. I graduated medical school in 2013, just 6 months after I birthed a couple of babies of my own. My life story up to November 2010 can be viewed here. The events in the many years following can be summed up as wedding bells, books, exams, babies, and doctoring. I only started this blog in hopes of landing a role in a Lifetime movie so I could quit medicine and move to Hollywood, so if you wouldn't take medical advice from Angelina Jolie, you shouldn't take it from me. I may not even be a real person. In fact, I'm probably a spambot. Or possibly a 15 yo boy blogging from a dingy basement. If you're really interested you can read more about me here. If you have any questions or want to guest post contact me.